It is a requirement that all Youth Street participants have a valid consent form before being able to participate in any of our programs.
Take some time to read the terms and conditions of agreement before completing the online consent form.
Terms and Conditions of Agreement.
1. The Participant acknowledges that there can be certain risks of injury to them or third parties associated with their participation in the selected activities.
2. The participant knows that YWAM are not medical practitioners and that they cannot provide advice as medical practitioners.
3. The participant knows that it should seek medical advice from a medical practitioner before participating in selected activities.
4. The participant is aware that certain medical problems may arise if it undertakes and participates in the selected activities without obtaining advice from a medical practitioner
5. There may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of the participant if it is injured.
6. Personal property of the participant may be lost or damaged.
7. The participant agrees to participate in the selected activities at its own risk and responsibility.
8. The participant acknowledges that by participating in the selected activities there may be consequential injury to the participant, damage to the property of the participant or third
9. The participant acknowledges that it may suffer injury whilst merely observing or being in proximity to the sight where the selected activities are being carried out.
10. The participant agrees that it will abide by the rules for participating in the various activities on the site of YWAM, including the necessity of the participant wearing protective
clothing, and equipment for specified activities.
11. The participant agrees to follow the instructions of YWAM. The participant also agrees that if they fail to follow instructions from staff and any rules of YWAM in respect of the
various activities, the participants may not be permitted to participate in the selected activities any further and without a refund. In addition, they may be further exposed to risk of
injury, loss or damage.
12. The Participant agrees to indemnify YWAM against and save it harmless from any and all damages, actions, claims, judgments, cost of litigation and attorney fees which may
result from the Participantʼs use of, or presence upon, the property or facilities of YWAM including damage to the equipment of YWAM and lessorʼs property.
13. I hereby authority the staff at YWAM to act for me according to their best judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention. All medical expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the Participant or the Participantʼs family. I certify to YWAM that I have no physical conditions or mental impairment that would be effected by the participation in
the activities of YWAM.
14. I permit YWAM to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or any other records taken while I am on the premises
15. of YWAM engaged in any activity or event sponsored, promoted or organised by YWAM for publicity, advertising or any legitimate purposes.
16. I agree that this Agreement shall apply to my participation in any and all YWAM activities and programs, including, but not limited to
17. open skating, skateboarding practice sessions, instructional sessions, competitions, sports, other physical activities and activities directed
18. by any representative of YWAM. This Agreement shall apply to all my future visits to YWAM within the specified time period above.
Release and indemnity
1. In consideration of YWAM permitting me to participate in the selected activities, I agree to release and indemnify YWAM, as follows:
(i) ” I assume the risk and responsibility of any injury arising from my participation in the selected activities.
(ii)” I release, indemnify and hold harmless YWAM, its servants and agents, from and against all and any actions and claims which may
be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me
or my property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in anyway whatsoever.
(iii)” I understand that there will be no refunds for payments made by me to YWAM prior to commencement of the selected activities.
2. "I also agree that in the event that I am injured or suffer damage, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise against YWAM in respect of that injury or damage.
3. Before signing this document I read and understood it and know that it affects my legal rights.
Additional Warning of Risk
Despite careful and proper preparation, instructions, medical advice, conditioning, and equipment there is still risk of serious injury or death. Not all hazards and dangers can be foreseen. Because these sports are done with little or no protective equipment and because it puts great demands on stamina, the very nature of them is hazardous. Such risks and dangers include but are not limited to losing balance, slipping on riding surface, tripping, loss of control, colliding with other riders or stationary objects or people, bad weather, lack of or failure of equipment.
As a spectator, there are risks involved. There is a risk of being struck by a flying object, such as a skateboard, part of a skateboard, any flying object, ball, or an out of control or irresponsible rider, skater, or biker. Spectators must sign a liability waver to be in or near the skating area, facilities, or park.
I have read the above statement, recognize, and acknowledge that there are risks of physical injury to participants and spectators of this program. I voluntarily agree to assume the risk of any injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity that my minor child/ward or I may sustain as a result of being a spectator and/or participating in the activities connected with or associated with this program/activity.
I do hereby fully release and forever discharge all parties from any and all claims for injuries, damages, or loss that may accrue to my minor child/ ward or me and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with this program/activity.
I have read and fully understand the above information and warning of risk statements. I have also read the above and explained it to my minor child/ ward. I do hereby release all parties from any liability arising out of or connected to this program.